Tuesday 11 October 2011

Puppy Love and Halloween Nails!

I haven't been posting for a while and well- this cute little face is why!

Please excuse the not so nice background- we're in the middle of renovating!

That's right we got a puppy! He's just a furry bundle of cuteness... and energy!  So you'll understand why I haven't had much time on my hands to paint my nails. :)  However part of the reason why I wanted to start blogging was to get myself practicing some nail art.  I was especially looking forward to awesome Halloween nail art!  So now that the puppy is a little bit better trained and October is here I thought I should start doing a series of Halloween themed nail art!  This was the first attempt:


Not bad if I say so myself! I'm definitely looking forward to improving though!  The base color is a beautiful lilac creme called "How Do You Lilac It?".  I just love this color.  It is just the perfect shade of lilac and also makes for a gorgeous pedicure color.  Maybe not exactly what comes to mind for a Halloween color but I think it works! It also always reminds me of my wedding because it's almost the same exact color or my sister-in-law's bridesmaid dress! Happy times! :)

The black for the spiderweb and spider are LA Colors's Art Deco in black. It's just a run of the mill nail art polish.


Anyway, I hope there are still people out there reading and I hope you enjoyed this first part in a series of spoooky nails! :) If you have any requests or ideas please let me know what you'd like to see!

Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment