Thursday 13 October 2011

Sexy Gradient Nails

I wanted to do something a little more sophisticated for my next Halloween nail. Not everyone likes little pumpkins or spiders on their nails and I wanted to do something that could be worn to work (albeit not a super conservative workplace) and be festive but not so literal.

Thus, I give you- sexy blood red gradient nails!




Can you imagine how cool this would look with a vampire costume on Halloween? My nails are kinda short right now but it would look even better on long nails.  If you're wondering how many hours it took and that it must be a super difficult technique- fear not! It's so easy to do!  It took me maybe 15 minutes per hand and I got the tutorial here:



I'm so happy with the results. My nails look so cool, I hope you guys agree!  My skin and cuticles on the other hand... well combined with the dry Calgary weather and lots of attempts at figuring out something sexy and wearable have wrecked my hands. As soon as this is posted I'll be slathering on the moisturizer.

Here's a list of the polishes used:
Essie Lollipop (bright red creme)
Essie A-List (medium dark red creme)
China Glaze Midtown Magic (shimmery brown)
Essie Licorice (black creme)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet (red shimmer)

These nails. So hot right now. Hansel. I mean...These nails.

Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment