Friday 26 August 2011

Essie Turquoise & Caicos

Essie Turquoise & Caicos has been my pedicure color of choice for 90% of the summer. It's a gorgeous feminine little turquoise color that verges on Tiffany blue. Maybe a little greener but hey- I actually prefer the greener shade and it's a much more affordable option than what comes in Tiffany boxes!  I've always been a sucker for turquoise.  When I was 14 I painted my childhood bedroom a robins egg blue color very similar to this.  Turquoise has a long history of impressing. The French were so taken with the blue color that adorned Turkish tiles that it became named after the Turks.





*sigh* This color never fails to lift my spirits. So pretty! Oh and it applies oh so beautifully. Posted here is just two thin coats.  This is just the icing on the cake but I'd still wear the color tons even it the application was terrible.

Sondra

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a color you would see a stylish lady wearing in Madmen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog- I love it! This is such a pretty color, I love the way it looks on tan skin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rebecca- Thanks! It does have an awesome retro vibe to it! :)

    @Emily- Thank you! So glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete